Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Assassins Creed IV-- Games I am looking forward to


   After releasing Assassins Creed 3 not too long ago, AC4 is now right around the corner. Now I will be honest, I liked the path that Assassins Creed 3 was planned to take, but in the end the execution was disappointing. Personally, I loved the idea of the homestead, specifically where it can grow if you choose to complete missions for it, and I also enjoyed walking through the streets of the colonies. One of my favorite parts of Assassins Creed 3, also known as one of the few that was done right, was the naval combat. I loved taking the helm of my ship and, with my crew, taking out enemy ships in gripping combat on the high seas. The time period that was chosen for the setting of AC3 was the American revolution, and with this time period there was a lot of potential to make it a really good assassins versus templar arena with a rich background. Alas, AC3 did not live up to the pre-release hype it had gotten, and I believe that was mainly due to the lack of attention to the time period and the major event that occurred during this time.

Welcome back naval warfare!

     Looking forward, it seems like Ubisoft has learned from their mistakes of AC3 and have created a better game to follow it. Firstly, when I look at AC4 I can tell that naval warfare will be a big part in the game. One tip off is the fact that the main character is a pirate. This alone is enough to garner my attention, as naval warfare was a highlight of my AC3 experience. Also, the game includes more pirates than just the main character, and with pirates come a lot of colorful characters which is sure to bring some colorful and exciting gameplay. I hope that the mistakes of AC3 are behind us and that AC4 is a step forward for the Assassins Creed series such that Ubisoft brings a lot of fun Assassin verses Templar action set in the cutthroat and colorful pirate life.

Excuse me, walking like a badass here.

Comment below on what you are looking forward to in AC4.

Happy Gaming,
Pedigrino.

2 comments:

  1. looking forward to the multiplayer and the new things you can do with your ship and crew. cant wait to board someone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I can't wait to take control of my ship and fight on the high seas!

      Delete