Friday, August 16, 2013

Audiosurf-- Kill some time and ride your music

     Aside from gaming, I also enjoy listening to music so when I found Audiosurf I was very happy to be able to put those two together. Audiosurf is a fun way to listen to your music by making your music a fun game to play. You have a choice of characters, ranging from easy to hard, and you choose which song you want to play. After that the game automatically creates a multi-lane highway filled with various colored blocks (depending on your character) which are in sync with the music you choose. The game successfully syncs the blocks thus making intense parts of a song into intense moments on this multi-lane highway of fun and music.

     The objective of the game is to get as many points as possible by collecting the colored blocks that appear on the highway, and of course to have fun playing your music. In order to score points you have to collect 3 or more colored blocks and create a cluster, the more points you get the better the medal you get in the end (bronze, silver, gold). The game also has a high score system where, after the song is finished, the player can compare their score with people all over the world who played the same song. Each character that can be chosen all have unique abilities which help the player earn as many points as possible, if used correctly.

The multi-lane highway.

     I do feel a little ashamed at myself because the game was created in 2008 and I only found out about this great game in 2013. But I guess it is better late than never, and with this game I am glad I found it late than never. This game will defiantly follow me for many years as I will continue to play this when I feel like listening to some music. The game was created by a developer called Dylan Fitterer and is available on steam; the game got some very good reviews by many of the main critics and a sequel was announced last year in march. So if you enjoy taking a break from all that gaming every once in a while, why don't you take a break and listen to some music....in game form.

Character selection.

Comment below about your thoughts on Audiosurf.
Happy Gaming,
Pedigrino.

No comments:

Post a Comment